An Introduction to Science and Technology Studies, SecondEdition reflects the latest advances in the field whilecontinuing to provide students with a road map to the complexinterdisciplinary terrain of science and technology studies.
- Distinctive in its attention to both the underlyingphilosophical and sociological aspects of science andtechnology
- Explores core topics such as realism and social construction,discourse and rhetoric, objectivity, and the public understandingof science
- Includes numerous empirical studies and illustrative examplesto elucidate the topics discussed
- Now includes new material on political economies ofscientific and technological knowledge, and democratizing technicaldecisions
- Other features of the new edition include improved readability,updated references, chapter reorganization, and more material onmedicine and technology